by Austin Marsman
The Clippers Café opened its doors for the first time this past weekend in downtown Martin.
The barn-like structure is ready for new life after the former occupant, B and B Family Restaurant, closed earlier this year.
Named after the Martin Public Schools mascot, a Clipper Ship, the Clippers Café hopes to capitalize on the community pride.
The café is just the latest new option to eat in Martin. The Clipper Café is located at 1566 10th Street and will serve breakfast and lunch seven days a week.
Martin’s other restaurant, Hot Diggity Dog, which opened in February, closed its doors this week.
(Photo courtesy Austin Marsman)