The names of the three finalists for the next Wayland city manager have been announced by interim City Manager Larry Lielsen.
Nielsen said all three have agreed to be interviewed. Visits and interview dates are being finalized. When completed they will be announced.
The council Monday night in closed session discussed the applicants and selected the three finalists. The position became vacant last August with the resignation of Tim McLean, who left to live with his new wife on the east side of the state.
The finalists are as follows
• Summer Intern, Village of Sparta, 2005.
• Village Administrator, Village of Thornville, Ohio, 1/2006-4/2007, Pop. 1,000,
• Village Administrator, Village of Monroeville, Ohio, 4/2007-12/2008, Pop. 1,500.
• Rural Development Specialist, Ohio Rural Community Assistance program, WSOS Community Action Agency, Fremont, Ohio, 1/2008-7/2013.
• City Administrator/Clerk/Treasurer, City of Durand, WI 6/2013-present, Pop. 1981.
Michael “Mitch” Mitchell
• Manager, Village of Roscommon, 10/1995-8/1999.
• Manager, Police Chief & Zoning Administrator, 8/1999-10/2000.
• Manager, Village of Jonesville, 10/2000-8/2007.
• Manager, City of Hillsdale, 9/2007=3/2011.
• Manager and Harbormaster, City of New Buffalo, 3/2011-8/2012.
• Manager, Village of Colon, 3/2017–present.
• Manager in the City of Negaunee, March 2011 – March 2017 – Population 4,700.
• Chief Administrative Officer, August 2005-November 2009, County of Alpena, Mich. – Population 29,000.