Community Notices

Three area fire departments extinguish electrical blaze

The Wayland, Yankee Springs and Martin Fire Departments were summoned to the scene garage apartment fire Wednesday, July 28. Homeowner Jenifer Babock said, “I didn’t expect to see building standing. Thank God it was an electrical fire and no one was home at time.” It started in rafter but didn’t get to roof. It did destroy a rafter and into the bathroom. Firefighters knocked down the ceiling and went in through there. Babcock added, “My family is safe,and this too, is small potatoes in what sometimes is a world of chaos.”

Leave a Comment