Covid-19 Omicron BA.5 cases have been rising across the country and throughout Michigan.
As the Omicron BA.5 variant seems to infect vaccinated individuals more than previous strains, it is important to make sure individuals stay up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations so that if you do get infected, you are more protected from severe infection, hospitalization or even death.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends COVID-19 primary series vaccines for everyone ages 6 months and older, and COVID-19 boosters for everyone ages 5 years and older, if eligible.
A spokesperson for the Allegan County Health Department said, “COVID-19 vaccination and boosters are an important tool we can use to help protect ourselves and loved ones from COVID-19 infection to stay healthy and safe throughout the rest of the summer and back-to-school time this fall.”
- Individuals can use this Interactive Tool from the CDC to find out when they are eligible for a COVID-19 Booster.
- Parents: Why vaccinate your child? View this factsheet on how COVID-19 vaccination is a helpful tool for protecting your child.
- To find COVID-19 vaccine locations near you:
- Visit vaccinatewestmi.com
- Visit vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233.
- Call 269-673-511 to schedule an appointment at ACHD.