The sixth week of the Wayland Union School District’s free meals summer program for children resumes Monday and continues through Friday, July 17.
The highlight program of the week will be a presentation at the Henika District Library at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 14 at Steeby Elementary on East Superior Street. Featured will be guests from the Kalamazoo Nature Center who will make a presentation about “Super Heroes.”
The following is a rundown of free meals this week:
- Monday, July 13 — Free breakfast and lunch will be served at Steeby from 8:30 to 9 a.m. and 11:30 to noon. Free dinners will be available at Gun lake Community Church from 5 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Free lunches will be served from 12:30 to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday at Saw Mill Estates on Reno Drive.
- Tuesday, July 14 — Lunch will be from 11 to 11:30 a.m. at Steeby after the presentation by the Kalamazoo Nature Center.
- Wednesday, July 15 — Breakfast and lunch will be from 8:30 to 9 a.m. and from 11:30 to noon at Steeby.
- Thursday, July 16 — Lunch will be from 11:30 a.m. to noon at the United Church of Wayland.
- Friday, July 17 — Lunch will be served from 11:30 to noon at United Church of Wayland and a dinner will be available from 6:45 to 7:45 p.m. at the Henika District Library.
The free meals program is open to any youngster in the school district ages 18 and under. Adults may buy one of the meals for $4.
Leave a Comment