Watson Township Treasurer Stephanie Caulder will resign next month to take a job as administrative assistant for the Mackinac Island Police Department.
“I’ll be relocating and will no longer be able to fulfill my duties,” Caulder said. “I am sad to leave Watson Township, but I am excited to begin a new adventure. I believe we have a couple of good candidates that have expressed interest in filling the treasurer position and I’m sure Watson Township will be left in good hands.”
Caulder was elected in a landslide for Republicans in the 2020 election, picking up 800 voted in defeating incumbent Democrat Sue Jones. However, she has served only for a little more than two years.
She has a variety of previous experiences, including:
• Veteran; US Army and Army National Guard.
• Student resource Center (SRC) director at Hopkins Public Schools with a focus on at-risk youth.
• Nominated five times for the “Outstanding People for Education” award for Allegan County by both former students and co-workers.
• Nominated twice for “Volunteer of the year” award for Hopkins School District.
• Republican Delegate for Watson Township.
• Founder of Watson Township Neighbors Facebook page.Coordinated and supported multiple fund-raisers for the Hopkins area.
•Previously managed all maintenance contractors and invoicing for seven USF Holland Trucking Terminals.
• Former maintenance administrator for Gap Inc. Direct Distribution Warehouse.